Barbeque Nation, India’s most successful casual dining restaurant chain has opened its first outlet in Muscat at the Oman Avenues Mall.
Foodies who are big fans of barbeque specialities and have an endless appetite can now make their way to the newly opened branch of Barbeque Nation located on the 3rd floor.
The restaurant is renowned for bringing together different barbeque techniques and offers a delicious multi-cuisine menu. Now Oman foodies have a new place to experience the joy of grilling embedded on the table at the restaurant. The outlet is spread across an area of 5500 sq ft and has a capacity to accommodate around 132 guests. The restaurant sports a white-orange logo with a crown a top the brand name which is in line with Barbeque Nation’s new theme of décor.
Mansoor Memon, Projects Head, Barbeque Nation Hospitality Ltd said, “It has been an absolute delight serving our guests through 130 restaurants across the globe and with the launch of our new outlet in Muscat, Oman, we look forward to spread the joy of barbecuing in this country.”
“Barbeque Nation has six overseas outlets of which four are in UAE, one in Malaysia and one in Oman. At Barbeque Nation, we lay special emphasis on variety and taste to sooth the taste buds of our guests and make it an unforgettable experience for them. Likewise, we want the diners in Muscat to experience the art of live on the table grilling and enjoy the ambience with an impeccable buffet.”
The restaurant has contemporary interiors with a wood finish and orange hues, which resemble pit fire cooking. They serve 10 barbequed starters that include everything from unlimited chicken, mutton, shrimps, as well as vegetarian options. These are all served on the live charcoal grill that is on every table.
The starters are 90 percent cooked on the kitchen grill, and the rest 10 percent is for customers to enjoy the art of barbecuing on their table. There are also some dips and marinade on the table to experiment with. The starters keep coming to the table unless diners put up the flag that says ‘I Give Up’ upside down. Then they can move to the main course, which is served buffet style and consists of a soup and six to seven salads.
The vegetarian option offers vegetarian biryani, koftas and mixed vegetarian curries. The restaurant also has two different types of dal on a live station, a rummali roti station, a pav bhaji station and a vegetarian teppanyaki (a Japanese style of cooking food with an iron griddle) where you can choose from vegetarian noodles or rice, with various toppings.
“We offer around 70 items at a competitive price. All the products are locally sourced and some from UAE,” Mansoor said. “We are keen to promote it as the original barbeque nation brand from India.” For the Oman market, the food offering will be similar to the ones in India with 10 to 12 starters comprising vegetarian and non-vegetarian items. Asked if more outlets are being planned in Oman, Mansoor said, “We will open more outlets depending on the success of our first outlet.”
Oommen John P is the Deputy Editor for OGR & Dossier and Associate Editor for OER. A journalist since 1994, John has worked for newspapers and business magazines in India and Oman. He joined UMS in January 2014, where his work profile includes writing about the economy and banking, oil and gas sector, auto reviews on prominent brands besides features and articles on travel.