Eni Signs Offshore Exploration Deal With Ras Al Khaimah

eni logo

Eni SpA has signed an exploration and production agreement with the emirate of Ras Al Khaimah, a further push by the Italian company into the Middle East.

The deal between the Rome-based hydrocarbons producer and RAK Petroleum Authority will cover Block A, which includes an area of 2,412 square kilometers off the coast, according to a statement from Eni.

Read: Etihad Airways Is Said to Seek $600 Million Loan for Planes

Eni will operate 90 per cent of the block, while RAK Gas LLC will be in charge of the remaining 10 per cent.

Read: Qatar Fund Buys Chunk of $5.6 Billion Manhattan Portfolio

Earlier this year, Eni secured a deal on onshore exploration concession areas A, B & C in Sharjah, another city in the United Arab Emirates. It also agreed to pay $3.3 billion in cash for 20 percent of Abu Dhabi-based Adnoc Refining.

To report this post you need to login first.