The nation is celebrating it’s 48th National Day on Monday, December 2. This is the day when the seven emirates came together. Grand celebrations are held across the country to mark this historic event.
As patriotic fervor grips the nation, here are some exciting things to do on the National Day, December 2:
Grand show in Abu Dhabi
- An epic theatrical show “Legacy of Our Ancestors” will be held on Monday evening (04:00 PM – 08:30 PM) at the Zayed Sports City Stadium in Abu Dhabi. The hour-long show will take viewers on a visual journey from the UAE’s past, showcasing the country’s values embedded in its heritage and culture. The awe-inspiring act, brought to life by hundreds of performers and dozens of artists, will be staged on a scale not previously seen in the UAE. It will be held on a 10,000 sq m stage and involve 1,800 props.
What’s National Day celebration without fireworks? Spectacular show will light up the Dubai skyline on the joyous occasion.
2. Al Seef and The Pointe: 8pm
3. La Mer: 8:30pm
4. The Beach at JBR: 9pm
5. Global Village: 9pm
6. Imagine show “Faces of the Nation” at Festival Bay, Dubai Festival City Mall: 8 pm and 10 pm
Shows & Live Concerts
A series of free-to-attend UAE National Day concerts is being held in Dubai and Abu Dhabi to mark the big day.
7. Dubai residents can enjoy live entertainment with Emirati vocalist Hussain Al Jassmi at La Mer and compatriot Hamad Al Amri at the multicultural festival park Global Village, as part of citywide celebrations organised by Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE).
8. At Dubai Festival City, catch the Imagine show which pays tribute to the many nationalities that call the UAE home.
9. The Dubai Festival City Mall’s Faces of the Nation campaign has invited shoppers to share photos on social media using the hashtag #FacesoftheNation for a chance to be part of the projections on December 2.
10. Enjoy Ayala band performance at The Dubai Mall from 3-9 pm.
11. National Day celebrations will also be held at Abu Dhabi’s Yas Mall from December 1-3 and will include live Emirati stage performances including Ayala dancers and musicals reliving the UAE history.
12. A light Laser Painting is being showcased in Nation Towers, Abu Dhabi til Decemeber 3. Guests can create personalised photos with UAE flag colours shot under slow shutter exposure for effect. Images will be emailed to them or printed on site. An evening Augmented Reality art exhibition is also being featured at the main atrium.
13. Yas Waterworld’s Water Battle also returns on December 2, where visitors will be handed water pistols to splash-out their opponents at the Amwaj Wave Pool.
14. At Dubai’s BurJuman Mall, visitors can try out a family-friendly Arabian extravaganza in a stunning 360 ° Majlis setup.
15. The new Nakheel Mall, at the heart of Palm Jumeirah, is also hosting a series of activities on the National Day weekend, including live musicals and shows of My Little Pony and Baby Shark and children’s workshops.
Culture & Heritage
16. The cultural hub of the 48th UAE National Day celebrations will be located at the Heritage Village on Abu Dhabi Hill. You can experience the ‘Legacy of our Ancestors’ at the Dubai Mall.
17. Then there is the ‘UAE Cultural Village’ at JA The Resort, where visitors can relive the old heritage charm and enjoy a traditional culinary fest from the seven emirates with local dishes cooked by Emirati women.
18. One can also book a UAE Heritage tour on December 2, and take a trip down through history.